Elysium Capital Advisory Pvt. Ltd (Elysium Capital) is a boutique investment banking enterprise with a niche leadership in real estate ecosystem. Since our inception in 2012, we have brought in a new approach to real estate financing in the country. Headquartered in the financial capital of country - Mumbai, we have regional offices in Bangalore and Hyderabad.
We are an organization run and owned by a group of professionals who have built a culture of integrity, service and innovation. Our approach is driven by our senior management, a group of senior ex-bankers and professionals having an aggregate experience of more than five decades in project finance, business banking and investment advisory. We drive business on an ownership based model taking full responsibility of clients and the associated financial institutions. Our goal has always been to be the first choice advisory enterprise for anyone seeking project capital in India. To this end, our exclusive focus is to offer our clients a full spectrum of investment banking services including capital raising, debt syndication, deal structuring, corporate lease financing, working capital finance, mergers and acquisitions, private equity and research advisory.
Our experience and capabilities in raising capital for real estate and infrastructure companies is the hallmark of our success. We have assisted our clients raise over INR 4000 crores in the last four years of our operations while crossing more than INR 1000 crores in the last financial year itself. In all the transactions we have executed till now, we have worked on independent mandates and have had a success rate of more than 85%.
Elysium Capital was founded by Mr Subhash Udhwani – a senior corporate and investment banker. He is an IIM-B alumnus and a fellow member of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
Boutique Real Estate Solutions
Click here to know more
Other structured debt instruments are senior debt wherein the borrower gets better rate of interest but the lender would have first charge over the borrower’s project. In mezzanine debt, the lender lays equity claim on borrower’s holdings in the event of default either in terms of time or amount. This helps lender get additional security coverage in a volatile market.
Click here to know more
Click here to know more
Click here to know more
Click here to know more
Click here to know more
Private Equity participation involves commitment of large funds by a group of investors for a longer time horizon to fund new technologies and projects, to bail out a distressed company or in acquisition of market competitors. These funds can be used in purchasing shares of private companies, or in public companies that eventually become delisted from public stock exchanges under go-private deals. Elysium Capital constantly works on sustaining a pool of such investors both private and institutional and connects them to any such investment opportunity in the market.
Elysium Capital leverages its strong relationship with Financial Institutions in structuring debt for its clients. Debt Syndication comes handy in case of large value debt requirement wherein the risk is divided between various financial institutions. We understand the requirement of the client, conduct internal due diligence, prepare and circulate the Information Memorandum ensuring coordination with all lenders and investors with an objective to achieve consensual terms and conditions.
Fund Based Facilities
- Term loan: Funds required for acquiring fixed assets given as long term loan repaid in installments from the profits of the company.
- Cash Credit: Limits assigned to the SMEs, utilized for working capital requirements of the unit. CC limit against inventory is given to finance pre-sales requirements (holding of raw materials, work in progress and finished goods) and CC against debtors or book debt is to finance post sales requirements.
- Overdraft Facility: Overdraft limits are given to business entities to meet temporary mismatches in cash flow. These are given against stocks, debtors and residential and commercial collaterals.
- Packing Credit: It is a credit facility which is sanctioned to an exporter in the Pre-Shipment stage. Such credit facilitates the exporter to purchase raw materials at competitive rates and manufacture or produce goods according to the requirement of the buyer and organize to have it packed for onward export. It secured by way of Hypothecation of Stock of goods and Debtors and all other current Assets of the business generated during the course of business.
- Bill Discounting: In this facility, the financial institution buys the commercial bill before it is due and credits the bill amount at a discount to the customer, wherein the discount is the rate of interest charged by the FI. This enables the customer to encash his accounts receivable.
- Lease Rental Discounting (LRD): Term Loan offered against rental receipts from property leased under long term contracts especially to a corporate entity.
Non – Fund Based Facilities
- Letter of Credit: A confirmation from the buyer’s bank guaranteeing the payment against the bill raised by the seller subject to fulfillment of all the conditions in the contract letter. The product is particularly helpful in cases wherein the seller does not have full trust over the buyer.
- Bank Guarantee: This is an instrument in the form of a promise from the lending institution to make good the payment/loss in case of a default by the customer with reference to the terms of the contract.
- Buyer Credit & FX Loans: A credit facility to an importer to pay for goods and services. Through this facility, the buyer gets access to cheaper funds connected to LIBOR rates rather than the costlier local rates. A buyer’s credit facility involves a bank that can extend credit to the importer, as well as an export finance agency based in the exporter's country that guarantees the loan. Since buyer’s credit involves multiple parties and cross-border legalities, it is generally only available for large export orders.
- Supplier's Credit: An arrangement where exporter or overseas bank extends credit to the importer for his purchase requirements. This is particularly used in usance bills wherein the exporter gets the credit on sight from the financing institution while the importer makes the payment to the institution at the end of usance period.
Home Loans: Elysium Capital has the knowledge and expertise to facilitate its clients with small and large home loans at highly competitive rates. Thriving on its strong relationship with banks and non-banking financial corporations, Elysium Capital processes its clients’ documents at a pace unmatched in the market.
Loan Against Property: Also known as LAP, it is a loan disbursed against the mortgage of a property. The loan is given as a certain percentage of the property's market value, usually around 40 per cent to 60 per cent. Loan against property belongs to the secured loan category where the borrower gives a guarantee by using his property as security.
Elysium Capital helps you in setting up your business.
Elysium Capital provides advisory services/guidance right from formation, set up, licensing, strategic advisory, funds arrangement from bank & financial advisory till regular accounting and regular tax compliances. Our advisory services:
- Company Formation
- Firm Formation & Registration
- Statutory Approvals & Licenses
- Registration Services: VAT, service tax, professional tax enrollment, banking services
- Calculations & Return Filing: VAT return, service tax return, professional tax return, TDS return
In the last few years, there has been a paradigm shift in the Indian industry pushing many companies into troubled waters. Any debt heading towards an NPA status requires immediate attention. We help the client develop a pragmatic strategic plan towards business recovery through analytical reduction of financial cost and reorganization of operations. This is ensured keeping adequate management control along with a rejuvenated relationship with various stakeholders.
An IIM Bangalore alumnus, a fellow member of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and a qualified cost accountant, Subhash had a highly stimulating and successful stint in ICICI Bank in various capacities, primarily in the bank’s corporate and real estate division heading Real Estate Credit and Asset Relation Group for the entire bank.
He has independently handled one of largest real estate portfolio in India having a client base of more than 110 corporates and structured and executed transactions of more than INR 25,000 crores across entire Corporate and Real Estate spectrum covering residential, commercial, malls, lease based financing and structured debt.
As the head of Asset Relationship Group, Subhash had also handled restructuring and stressed assets deals in close coordination with RBI and other syndicate bankers.
In his overseas stint with ICICI Bank, he served as deputy CFO for ICICI Bank’s Europe operations based out of London.
Subhash is an avid traveller and trekker and has traveled across India and many of the countries across the world.
He has 15 years of professional experience in quality business acquisition, relationship management and banking operations with Yes Bank, ICICI Bank and UTI Bank managing large sized branches in SME and corporate client acquisition and servicing.
Amit is an expert hand in managing critical areas of operations like handling of Ultra HNI relationships, handling critical regulatory cases and handling of comprehensive audits and SOX processes. In his career he has been a recipient of numerous awards in Sales, Audit and Service Quality.
He has a Masters’ Degree in Management Studies (MMS) from University of Mumbai and a Masters’ Degree in Economics from the prestigious Delhi School of Economics.
Amit is an active Rotarian and supports causes related to youth, healthcare and social issues.
She holds a post graduate degree in Human Resource Management. Being an entrepreneur at heart, she has launched and managed some of the most successful design boutiques in Jaipur before co-founding Elysium Capital.
She has a proven people-management skills coupled with professional competencies in the areas of human resources and client engagements.
He specializes in the real estate financing and has thorough knowledge of various means of financing in the ecosystem. Naresh managed a book of INR 3000 crores of real estate exposure for ICICI Bank as the sales head for South India.
Prior to becoming an expert in real estate financing, he gained experience in core financial products viz. Loan Against Property, Lease Rental Discounting and Home Loan for financial institutions across South India.
Naresh is a mechanical engineer along with a Masters’ Degree in Marketing from Central University, Pondicherry and an MBA in Information Systems from JNTU, Hyderabad.
He also spearheads the company’s marketing initiatives and has worked for large corporations for significant part of his career before beginning his journey as entrepreneur in 2012.
He has played different roles from managing sales at a telecom firm to being the director of a company which focused on international trading of metals.
Prateek holds a degree in engineering from the University of Nagpur.
She has extensive experience in deal structuring, credit monitoring and financial analysis. She has worked on numerous assignments related to loan syndication across sectors with a specialization in real estate and textiles sectors.
Mittal is a Chartered Accountant by qualification. She is a passionate traveler and has traveled extensively across the country and the world.
He possess well-grounded experience in the field of Debt Syndication where he was involved in detailed financial analysis as well as structuring and restructuring of debt profiles of the organizations. He also has extensive exposure in Risk Management Advisory during his stint with Ernst & Young.
He is a Chartered Accountant by qualification and is a Level III CFA Candidate from CFA Institute, USA. He loves traveling, reading and playing badminton and cricket.
Lalita has a graduate degree in commerce and is a CA final candidate. In her pastime she likes taking nature treks, reading crime thrillers and solving sudoku.
“We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.”- Winston Churchill It is said that when one grows, one must give it back to the society with all humbleness and gratitude. At Elysium capital, we attribute our success to the two most important aspects of human existence –
a. Quest for knowledge and excellence
b. Bringing a smile on every face we connect with
Though the organization has been donating to various charities since its inception, we thought it is apt and worthwhile to institutionalize our contribution towards the society. To this effect, Elysium Smiles, the CSR initiative of Elysium Group was created.
The entire purpose of this CSR initiative of Elysium Capital is to address social issues especially related to the underprivileged and deprived strata of our society through a focused and planned approach. Elysium Smiles is being constituted into a Trust, managed by Ms Komal Udhwani along with other Trustees.
Our approach in contributing towards society is not through mere donation of grants; every project will focus towards empowering the target group with enablers so that they are able to unshackle the existing constraints in their growth. The projects are solely executed by Elysium Smiles.
At Elysium, we take challenges and the ensuing change as a way of life. The work environment is such that the employees are internally bound to question the status quo, suggest improvement in best practices and embrace the change.
In everything we do, we strive to add substantial value. Every external stakeholder interaction is considered as an opportunity to create a positive impact.
As we work hard towards all this and more, we also ensure that we rejuvenate ourselves by having lots of fun in the form of team outings – to movies, leisure holidays, treks and fine dining.
To top it all, we have progressive policies like extended and flexible maternity benefits, special occasion leaves, paternity leave, training programs, sexual harassment policies etc.
In short, we believe in the saying – “Work hard and Party harder”
Want to join us? Apply